Things No One Told You About Mold

Summertime is a happy time for mold. Although, did you know mold can grow year-round? Unfortunately, this common, problematic fungus can take hold anywhere in your home, especially in warm, damp areas during any season. It grows fast and spreads through the air in the form of microscopic spores. Mold loves areas in your house like basements and bathrooms, but can be found almost anywhere inside and out.

As soon as you see the presence of mold, call your team at Great Lakes Contracting Services. This is not a do it yourself project. Safely removing mold should always be left to professionals with the correct equipment and training.

Mold is a health concern. Odds are, you’ve heard harrowing tales of black mold and its toxicity. However, there is no actual proof that “mold poisoning” is real. Although, mold has been proven to cause allergic reactions. This is especially worrisome for those with asthma or another underlying health concern. Left unchecked, mold can cause uncomfortable symptoms like:

  • Congested or runny nose
  • Itchy/watery eyes
  • Coughing
  • Rash
  • Sore throat

Discovering mold in your house is not pleasant. However, there are ways to prevent mold by understanding how it works. Mold mostly grows in places that have damp, stagnant air. Making sure your humidity levels are controlled will help.

  • Use a dehumidifier
  • Vent your bathroom and laundry room
  • Seal any leaks in your roof or windows

Another important tip is to have a flooded area properly cleaned. Check out our blog about water damage by clicking HERE.

At Great Lakes Contracting Services, we are an Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification certified firm in mold remediation. We provide free on-site assessments for your home or business to ensure the proper protocols and procedures are used to remove the mold from all affected areas. Call us today at 855-403-6900. We look forward to helping you!