As winter ends in North West Indiana, we are forced to see the kind of damage that maybe blizzards and heavy snow left. We looked at roof damage which may be one of the bigger ones but let’s look at other possible damage that may have occurred during the winter months.
1. Melting snow causes basement flood damage – this can be prevented by moving snow away from the outside of the house
2. Heavy icicles cause damage to gutters and windows – cleaning out gutters can help you to avoid this issue and make sure to steer clear of parking and walking under hanging icicles
3. Heavy snow can also cause branches to fall potentially on your home
4. Blowing snow and strong winds can cause damage to your homes exterior – after numerous years you may want to consider new siding or new paint to your siding
5. Cracks in your driveway which over time will turn to potholes
Over years of living in places with cold winters and heavy snow a lot can go on to damage your house you might not be aware of. If you’re worried that you might have experienced winter damage, give us a call and we will help you figure out where and what your next step would be.